Tuesday, July 4, 2017

July 1 is significant

July 1, 2016 marks the day that Dr. Gizzie said the word "Oh." in a way that I will never, EVER forget.  
That was the first moment that Big Bertha was acknowledged.  
It was the day my life took a completely unexpected left turn.  
I had absolutely NO IDEA that what my OB-GYN was feeling was a big ass tumor of Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and that I was about to learn the core meaning of life. 
I had just been thru a living hell during the first half of 2016 so I really didn't take what Dr. Gizzie felt seriously.  I was seeing 3 therapists and working so hard on my mental health that I just nodded my head when she told me I needed to go get a ultrasound....

Yea.
Whatever.

Thank GOD that I kept that appointment.
Thank GOD that thru all those therapy sessions I had managed to pick up all the pieces of my life and put them back together differently.  This "new" me was stronger.  MUCH, MUCH STRONGER than I had ever been before.  This new me could handle a diagnosis of Cancer.

I truly believe that there are no coincidences in life.  Everything happens for a reason and sitting here on my porch, hanging out with my pack o' crazy dogs, I must say that life is better than it's ever been....

The people who are in my life right now are AMAZING!  I LOL every single day!
My relationship with my soulmate is better than it's ever been!  I canNOT WAIT to help her plan her wedding!
I actually wore a tank top and SPANDEX out in public, plus my hair was in a headband!  And by the time I got home my stomach hurt because I laughed so much it, literally, hurt!

Yes, I've lost a couple Warriors along the way, but that's their problem, not mine.  The old me would have fretted and worried and jumped thru hoops to make that better...but then that also meant that I was not being my true self.  I was being whatever I thought that person wanted from me so they would still love me.  Now I stand strong on my own and let that shit go.

I went to a birthday party last night and the birthday boy was asked, what he thought about this birthday (he turned 56).  He mentioned a lot of things that he was thankful for, but the one that struck me the most, right in the heart, was he said the 50's have been the best decade of his life!  And it was amazing, but all of us around the table in our 50's started nodding our heads in agreement.  And we all got an immediate smile on our face!  It's SOOOO true!  The 50's ROCK!  And this past year, since my diagnosis, has been phenomenal.  WHODATHUNKIT?!?

So, if you are reading this, I just want to say THANK YOU!  This blog has gotten over 11,000 hits so far which absolutely BLOWS MY MIND!  THANK YOU!  

Thank you for being a Warrior.
Thank you for praying for me, it's working.
Thank you for every smile, thought, email, text, facebook post, card, gift, and happy moment!

I absolutely LOVE my beautiful life and every single person in it!

I could not love these two more....canNOT wait for them to get married!  





Bertha, you are not welcome here anymore.  

Always forward, never back,
,
Bubba
CEO of Save My Ass Technologies, Inc.     



No comments: