Friday, January 13, 2017

Chemo #6 is done!

It's hard to believe that I'm finally here, but chemo is DONE.  D-O-N-E DONE!  WHEW!  The path from July 1 to now has been one wild ride.  Absolutely.

The Cancer Center ROCKED my treatment, as usual.  Here's some pictures:

Day #1 I had Nancy.  She knew us from my mom's Cancer days.  Prepping the port is mucho-important!
 Port stick.  I, literally, don't feel a thing.  Lidocaine creme ROCKS!
 Final prep then onto hooking up the fluids + marinating (more about this later).
 This is Melissa and Nancy, checking and double-checking my bag of Rituxan.  I couldn't feel safer in the hands of these angels.
 Cranking up the Rituxan.  BUH BYE BERTHA!

Day #2 I *FINALLY* get Devinder as my primary nurse!  YAY!  She's been there since the beginning, has been on the Bye Bertha team since Day #1, but I have never had her as my primary nurse.  Denise said it got kinda ugly when they were all meeting to review the patient list.  Apparently, Devinder was *NOT* going to let me finish my treatments w/out her!  Gotta love these ladies!

Day #2 is only the Bendamustine....little bag w/a LOT of kick (more on this later).

 Cranking up the Buh Bye Bertha juice!

I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 

No comments: