Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The timeline for next 2 years

What I learned today during my appointment with Jessica/Dr. Kritz is my next 2 years will look something like this:

1.  Finish Chemo #6 this week.
2.  In 6 weeks, if insurance will pay for it, get a Pet Scan.
3.  Also in 6 weeks, my immune system should be pretty much recovered and my 
         fatigue should be lessening!  YAY!  I canNOT wait to start losing the weight 
         I've gained!  
4.  In 7 weeks, review Pet Scan results w/Dr. Kritz and Jessica.
     a.  (Which I do NOT anticipate happening) Start radiation if Bertha is still active.
5.  In 2 months, get maintenance Rituxan.
6.  2 months after that, get maintenance Rituxan.
...continue maintenance for 2 years.  What does this mean?

This means I need to keep my port for 2 more years.  No biggie, I hardly feel her.  She will just need to be flushed every 6 weeks. 

This means I'll get to keep seeing the infusion nurses that I love so much!  I think it would just be too hard on ALL of us if I just stopped seeing them cold turkey!  ;)

This means Rituxan every 2 months but no chemo so I won't have the side effects like I've had for the past 6 months.  Rituxan is Bertha's enemy so I need to just embrace that it's going to be part of my life for a while.

By January 2019, this will all just be a sweet memory.  

My blood counts have remained strong throughout this past 6 months.  The fatigue is kicking my butt, but it could be a lot worse.  My Warriors have helped to keep me strong and able to fight this HUMONGOUS battle against Big Bertha.  If I gotta do maintenance, I gotta do maintenance.  



I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 

No comments: