1. Finish Chemo #6 this week.
2. In 6 weeks, if insurance will pay for it, get a Pet Scan.
3. Also in 6 weeks, my immune system should be pretty much recovered and my
fatigue should be lessening! YAY! I canNOT wait to start losing the weight
4. In 7 weeks, review Pet Scan results w/Dr. Kritz and Jessica.
a. (Which I do NOT anticipate happening) Start radiation if Bertha is still active.
5. In 2 months, get maintenance Rituxan.
6. 2 months after that, get maintenance Rituxan.
...continue maintenance for 2 years. What does this mean?
This means I need to keep my port for 2 more years. No biggie, I hardly feel her. She will just need to be flushed every 6 weeks.
This means I'll get to keep seeing the infusion nurses that I love so much! I think it would just be too hard on ALL of us if I just stopped seeing them cold turkey! ;)
This means Rituxan every 2 months but no chemo so I won't have the side effects like I've had for the past 6 months. Rituxan is Bertha's enemy so I need to just embrace that it's going to be part of my life for a while.
By January 2019, this will all just be a sweet memory.
My blood counts have remained strong throughout this past 6 months. The fatigue is kicking my butt, but it could be a lot worse. My Warriors have helped to keep me strong and able to fight this HUMONGOUS battle against Big Bertha. If I gotta do maintenance, I gotta do maintenance.
I've totally got this...