Friday, January 13, 2017

Maintenance Treatments

Hearing about the maintenance treatments *DID* send me into a bit of a tailspin.  I'm not going to lie.  I thought I remembered my Mom's maintenance as being 1 treatment every 6 months for a year.  So, when I heard every 2 months for 2 years and you'll need to keep your port....well....my poor little chemo brain wasn't ready for that news.  But now that I've talked to the super fantastic nurses about it, I'm ready for it.  

It's not the time it will take me to get the treatments, nor does it have anything to do with going to the Cancer Center - I come out of there inspired and happy every single time.  The part that was getting me down were the side effects.  I am TIRED of gaining weight.  I am TIRED.  Period. (The fatigue sucks.).  But since I now know I won't be getting the things that cause these things, I'm ready for it!  Bertha is gone and she is NOT welcome to come back!  EVER!




I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 

No comments: