Friday, January 13, 2017

The littlest things pack the most punch!

Growing up short, I've heard it all...

Dynamite comes in small packages.
Little/Small but mighty!
And though she be little, she is fierce.
It's not the size of the girl in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the girl.

Well, come to think of it, the smallest things I take during treatments have caused the most side effects.

First is the Decadron.  The steroids.  O. M. G.  If I don't stay on top of these little b*astards, they will stop my plumbing from working.  Completely.  Period.  No doubt about it.  AND, these are the reason I've gained 22 pounds over the last 6 months.  SERIOUSLY?!?  I mean, look at them....
 (They deserved a bird, sorry, I couldn't help myself!)
Below they are the little green pills.  They're like 1/3 of the size of a Tylenol!  LITTLE STINKERS!

Next is the Bendamustine.  It takes 10 minutes to infuse.  That's it.  I get it 2 days in a row and it kicks my BUTT!  OMG!  This is what causes my inner energizer bunny to say "just lay down and ride it out".  I'm a blob for at least 3 days because of this stuff!  And then, without warning for the next 28 days, the bottom can fall out of my day and I just need to lay down and ride it out.  Wow.

I guess dynamite REALLY DOES come in small packages!  Thank you for helping me kick Bertha to the curb...but man have you ever kicked my butt.

The good news is NEITHER of these drugs will be part of my maintenance treatments!  YAY!  I will only have to take the Rituxan + Tylenol + Zofran (for possible nausea).  WHEW!    
FAREWELL DECADRON AND BENDAMUSTINE!



I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 
  

No comments: