Sunday, August 27, 2017

CT Scan Results are in!

I got a HUGE surprise on Friday afternoon after my CT Scan...the results are in: the cells continue to DECREASE in size!  WOO HOO!!  Dr. Kritz is VERY pleased with the results!  But not NEARLY as pleased as I am!!!  

I will get the full details next Wednesday at my appointment with Dr. Kritz, but for now I'm celebrating!  Even though the pet scan in March showed no active disease, there was still some residual cells hanging around that had potential...but now that population is decreasing.  HALLELUJAH!  

I'll be honest.  Waiting for this scan to happen was harder than the Pet Scan in March.  For this one, I was having serious flashbacks to my Mom's battle.  She would get a good scan result.....wait a little while....get another scan and the beast would ALWAYS be back!  She'd try another regimen of drugs, radiation, clinical trials, radioimmunotherapy....you name it, she tried it, and NOTHING worked!  It just kept coming back and coming back and coming back....then finally her body said "ENOUGH!" and that was it.  I remember it all very well....

I was SO hopeful that if I tried a bit of a different route, plus the fact that I am a decade younger than my mom was at her diagnosis, that I could keep things stable in my body for a long time.  I've been working really hard at making MAJOR changes, the main thing being my diet.  I don't have it exactly right yet, but I'm close.  And based on the scan results, I now know I am heading in the right direction.  YES!  And I'm also cleaning out other areas of my life, like the products I use to clean my house, do laundry, clean my skin, etc.  I do yoga, work out with my dogs, meditate every night, and have started seeing a couple holistic practitioners that are helping me fine tune ALL parts of my body.  

I still have dark moments.  I still stress out over things that I shouldn't.  But I really think this scan is telling me that I'm headed in the right direction.  :)

I had a very cool chick administer my CT scan.  She let me hold my HOPE rock....but only after she held it for a really long time....looking it over, admiring the color and weight, and shape.  She believes in crystals and even showed me a rose crystal that she keeps close to her heart every day (yes, she pulled it out of her bra!).  She said she's been thru a lot and keeps it close for peace and calming.  She also recognized my pura vida bracelets and said that she wears the same.  She was the most perfect person to be giving me my scan.

Tomorrow I'm going to try something new and I'm REALLY excited!  I'm going to go on a beginners bike ride with a big bunch of dedicated bikers who like to help beginners like me.  It's actually with the Warrior who gave me the HOPE rock :)  How perfect is that?!?

 Always forward, never back,
,
Bubba
CEO of Save My Ass Technologies, Inc.

No comments: