Monday, March 27, 2017

A fellow Warrior touches my heart...

I read this a while ago on The Lymphoma Club facebook page and asked for permission to post here.  What Erin says touches my heart in it's deepest spot:  "As of today 1-11-17 I'm done with chemo. I'm not yours anymore cancer. I'm free of you. Free of your fatigue. Free of the pain you caused me. No more inconveniences. No more stealing my time and life. I am in control now. I can do whatever I want with no resistance.
These last six months have been the most difficult and challenging of my life. I've had to deal with loosing my hair and my freedom. I had to restrict my activities to barely nothing. I had to stop my schooling which I am so in love with. I have worked to hard to get to where I am academically. I had to pause my relationships with my friends, boyfriend and family. Which my whole life revolved around. Cancer caused me to take care of myself which I never did when I was not sick. It was a huge adjustment.
I want to thank everyone sincerely for checking in on me when they did. I want to thank everyone who sent me gifts to keep my spirits high when I felt so low. I couldn't get through this with out them. I also want to thank everyone who donated to my gofundme. It has helped in more ways than one. I struggled with staying happy in my darkest times. Which was hard for me because before all this I was happy and busy all the time. I'm a changed person because of cancer. I know my life is forever in a different direction and I've learned so much about myself. I'm thankful for a clean scan which will be happening on February and I'm confident my cancer will never come back. I'm thankful of all of the doctors, nurses and different teams that helped me get to the place I'm in now. Remission. Remission. It's so strange to say. This seemed so far away in the beginning. I missed a lot of time. My whole birthday basically. A holiday. And I can't get that back. But I can live in the moment and not take any day for granted from here on out.
I love all of you and if I can give any advice to anyone it's don't ignore any strange occurrences in your life. Be cautious and do what ever you can to get to the bottom of it. Don't stop just because some doctors don't know what's going on with you. Don't listen to them. Be your own advocate. Research and get on top of it because no one else will. Take your health into you own hands. And above all know you can get through anything with your own inner strength." ~Erin


I am VERY thankful for Lymphoma facebook pages, and fellow Warriors like Erin.

Always forward, never back,
,Bubba

No comments: