Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Impact of Chemo Brain

There is a documented side effect called "Chemo Brain".  Here's what Google says about it:  Chemo brain is a common term used by cancer survivors to describe thinking and memory problems that can occur after cancer treatment. 

Every Cancer survivor that I've ever talked to has had it.  My Mom had it.  I've started noticing little things here and there....but this morning...it's confirmed.  I've got it.

Here's what happened....

I was in a deep sleep when all of a sudden I woke up with a jolt because I heard it pouring down rain outside.  It was a little before 5AM.  My immediate thought was "OMG!  I HOPE I DIDN'T LEAVE MY SUNROOF OPEN ON HOT LAVA (my car)!!!"  I tried to look outside but it was too dark.  OMG!  OMG!  I can't remember if I closed it last night or not!  OMG!  I started panicking and hyper ventilating so I decided to just run outside to check it out for myself.

I ran down the stairs.
Swung open the front door.
BOLTED to the gate!
Opened it.
SPRINTED to my car! 
Opened the driver door.
Felt the roof to make sure it was closed.

WHEW!

I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief!

CLOSED!!

....it was then that it dawned on me.....because of night sweats I no longer wear PJ's (or anything else) to bed.





Thank goodness it was still dark outside.

I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 

No comments: