Saturday, December 31, 2016

Time

I'm thinking a lot about time this morning.  Truth be told, Cancer is going to shorten my life.  It just will.  I don't think I'm anywhere close to the end, and I am going to win this round without a shadow of doubt....but this year I feel like I actually looked death in the face for the first time.  It's made me think a lot about how I've spent my life so far and how I want to spend the rest of it.  

What has REALLY helped me realize the importance of time is the most super fantastic gifts from my ABA Warriors.  They, once again, have left me speechless but at the same time have given me the strength to keep fighting this fight.  AND, they have given me the gift of time!  Does it get any better than that?
This gift actually states it at the top "The Gift of Time".  Wow. 

This is to support my fight (I LOVE how it says BUH BYE BERTHA!) and is a donation to help find a cure for this beast that has interrupted my life, and many, many other lives.  Who knows, maybe by the time I have a relapse, this donation will have contributed to a new miracle drug that will cure me forever!
 And this is from a co-worker who was able to take advantage of this opportunity with this beautiful wife before Cancer took her from us. (RIP Alice)
Time.  I have done a pretty good job until now with seizing every moment that I can....but there has been a few years where I also got in the mode of just surviving the moment vs. seizing it.  Those days are over.  I will NOT EVER forget how precious every single moment is and will life it to it's fullest potential!  I feel a little fire burning in my belly (probably where Bertha used to be!). 
Cancer has totally, absolutely SUCKED....but there are some good things that have come from it too.  Wow.  Just look back at the images in this post....  Wow.  I got gifts of time.  Wow.  Whodathunkit?

Wow.

Wow.

WOW.

I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 

No comments: