Saturday, June 17, 2017

Chemo weight G-O-N-E!

The 24 pounds I gained in 6 months (due to chemo and steroids) was first on my agenda!  It HAD TO GO!  And as of last week....


Thanks to my Warrior, Michele, for giving me the book Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr!  I have changed my diet and it is working WONDERS!  I still have some fine tuning to do but for the most part I eat:
1.  As much green as possible. 
2. Organic as much as possible.
3. No processed food.
4. Avoiding red meat (except when I was at the Durham Bulls game and had a burger!)
5. Avoiding sugar and carbs - yes, this includes alcohol :(  
6. Eating/drinking more alkaline vs. acidic (yes, I even pee on a strip to check my alkaline level)

I juice my dinner and am LOVING it!  Here's a week of dinner (plus cucumbers, lemons, ginger, and some fruits):


I feel SO much better!  And what is so weird is that I don't even want the type of food that I used to eat (which was mostly fast food).  I can sit at a table of 4 with 3 other people eating sloppy, thick, juicy, delicious burgers and I am totally satisfied with my salad.  The other day I found a new place and was over-the-moon-excited over this lunch....
I've still got a ways to go....and did turn yellow one day, even though my blood counts a couple days later were phenomenally better than they've ever been...but I know Bertha is not a happy camper now that I am CEO of Save My Ass Technologies, Inc.  


Always forward, never back,
,Bubba

No comments: