Friday, October 27, 2017

Remembering how it all started...

I've been thinking about my Mom a lot lately.  I went to a Cancer support group meeting last night and it brought back SOOOOO many memories of when my Mom and I would go to support meetings together.  She would always call me late in the afternoon and ask me where we were going to meet and what I wanted to eat.  The answer was always the same, "at the Cancer Center" and "peanut butter and jelly sandwich".  My Mom made *THE BEST* PB&J sandwiches!  It's my answer to "if you were deserted on an island and could only have one thing to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be".

In prep for the support meeting, I dug out my Mom's lime green vest....just to see if it would fit.....and guess what?!!!!.....

I could not be happier!  It is perfect!

Having been thru the journey with my Mom, it has given me a tremendous amount of confidence and strength for my fight.  There was a newly diagnosed lady at the meeting last night...with the same kind of Cancer as mine....and hearing her talk reminded me of how I felt after my Mom told me "I have Cancer".  It's one of those things that you have to experience to understand fully.  But then I thought about when *I* heard those words....and especially after I learned that I have Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma...how I immediately knew that I've totally got this.

Yes.  I have dark moments.
Yes, I still get in a funk and think it absolutely SUCKS that I have an incurable type of Cancer.

BUT....

I'm able to pull myself out of that darkness and find the strength to Carpe Diem!  And I owe a lot of that strength to my Mom.  In celebration of her fight and of her bravery against this incurable beast, I HAVE TOTALLY, WHOLEHEARTEDLY, ABSOLUTELY GOT THIS!  


Always forward, never back,
,
Bubba
CEO of Save My Ass Technologies, Inc.



No comments: