Sunday, October 22, 2017

Survivors. We just find each other.

I bought myself a ticket to see Terri Clark, Suzy Bogguss and Pam Tillis in concert at the Clayton Center in...well....CLAYTON!  I'd never been there, but I knew I couldn't miss out on this event.  I mean, Terri's song "No Fear" is on my "Surviving NHL" playlist...and many others.  It's been my song for multiple decades.  My favorite words of the song are...

And when I need two arms around me
And there's no one near
When I'm alone let the only sound be
No Fear


I want peace, love, and understanding
A stogie and an ice-cold beer
Don't wanna live afraid of dying

I used to hit every wall there was
I used to run away from love
All I ever wanted was right here
But I had to reach way down inside

I used to stay up all night long
Wondering what I was doing wrong
All I ever needed was right here
But I had to reach way down inside
I had to have faith I'd find
No Fear
No Fear
No Fear


Anyway, when I walk into the Clayton Center, I go straight to get a water.  This man comes up behind me...and to make a long story short, he ends up telling me to follow him, that he bought his wife a water earlier and she didn't drink it, so no need to waste my money, he'd just give me that one.  It was the weirdest thing ever, but he was SOOOOOO genuinely nice that I just followed him without even thinking about it.  I thought....this'll be a good story. :) Well, come to find out, there was this whole back room full of Who's-Who-In-Clayton type folks who had just finished eating dinner!  They're all dressed up, sitting around these huge tables socializing.  A lady at the door looked at me...like I needed a ticket or something to get in....but my new friend just grabbed my arm and said "She's with me!".  LOL!

And sure enough, don't you know, he sat me down in his seat at his table, which was filled with about 9 other people, introduced me to everyone there, and left!  ....oh yea, and there was a brand new, unopened bottle of water.  I stayed to talk to everyone, including my new friend's wife.  One thing led to another...I told her how weird it was that he just led me back to this table but I wasn't missing out on a single thing that life had to offer because of ol' Bertha not being curable....to which she responded....."My husband has Colon Cancer.  He's on maintenance treatments right now."....and then we just stood there and looked at each other in silence for a couple minutes.  And I replied "Well then, that's why he found me.  There are no coincidences".  

Wow.

I had the wife (I obviously can't remember EITHER of their names, DAG NAB IT!) take our picture...
 We showed each other our ports and talked about how thankful we are to have them.  It was amazing.  Oh yea, and that's his $2 "bottomless coffee".  He told me "All the old geezers get one!"  LOL!

Here's the girls, singing their hearts out!  It was awesome....

The guy sitting next to me had on this old country style shirt, one like Conway Twitty or Porter Wagner would wear.  It was black with white trim all around.  When we were getting up to leave, he said "Ma'am, you sure have a nice laugh.  I could tell you had a very good time at this concert.".  ❤  The people in Clayton are the GREATEST!!  It was a VERY good choice to go see these ladies.

Always forward, never back,
,
Bubba
CEO of Save My Ass Technologies, Inc.

No comments: