Saturday, September 17, 2016

My Eyes Are Bipolar

Once your immune system is gone....life gets veeeeeeery interesting!  

I woke up Wednesday morning and one of my eyes watering.  One.  Not two.  ONE.  I got to work and it just kept getting worse.  Called my Oncologist and he said it was ok to call an eye doctor.  So I did and got an appointment for later in the day.

As I'm checking in, the nurse looks at me and says "So only ONE of your eyes is watering, eh?"
"Yep."
Then she pauses....
Then she looks at me again and says "It's like your eyes are bipolar."
Then we BOTH break out into hysterics!
"One is crying and the other is laughing."
More hysterics!
Then she says, as she looks at my form, "This is a first for me.  There is no box for that on this form!"
ROFL!

It took the doctor .05 seconds to tell me my eye was infected.  I told him that it really hurt and felt like something was in it....so he pulled up my eyelid and SHAZAM!  There was the problem.  A little rock was under my eye lid.  REALLY?!?!?  As soon as he got it out, I felt IMMEDIATE relief!  AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

So now I'm on eye drops 4X/day for a week.  Normally a body would have been able to handle something like this but not mine. 

Not anymore.

CANCER SUCKS!

So, if you're reading this, please take a minute to hug yourself and thank your immune system for doing a SUPER AWESOME FANTASTIC job!  I didn't realize what a daily job it had until now...



I've totally got this...

❤️,
Bubba 




No comments: