Saturday, August 6, 2016

How It All Started


I'll never forget the dialog with my OB-GYN that now marks the beginning of my fight against Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
7/1/2016.  
Routine yearly appointment.
The part of the exam that I dread every year was over so we were on the home stretch with the check of the rest of my body.  I'm laying on the exam table and suddenly Dr. Gizzie says "Relax." as she's pushing on the left side of my abdomen.  I reply "I *AM* relaxed." (thinking to myself, I am SOOOOO relaxed because the worst part of this exam is over!).  Dr. Gizzie says to me again "Relax your stomach muscles." to which I respond "Dr. Gizzie, I couldn't be more relaxed right now."  So she feels the right side of my abdomen, then the left again, and replies with a simple "Oh."
Quick summary of the next couple weeks:  Ultrasound.  CT Scan.  Needle biopsy.
7/15/16.
Diagnosis:  Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
Huh?
Deep breath.
Ok!
1.  I have been here before.  I was my Mom's caregiver for 5 years while she fought Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  I learned a LOT and now all of that knowledge will help prepare me for my battle.  Thank you Mom! ❤️!
2.  Earlier this year I was the victim of domestic violence.  I had to take out a restraining order on the person I was engaged to be married to and watch my whole life shatter into little tiny pieces.  I was completely broken.  BUT, I managed to pick up all the pieces and put them together differently.  And now I am better than I've ever been.  Stronger.  Much, much stronger.  I had honestly *just* gotten to a point where I felt like I could handle anything.  Perfect!
3.  Non-Hodkin's Lymphoma beware:
!!!

2 comments:

Dayle said...

Bubba...I have no doubt that you've got this! I'll be praying for you, and supporting you thoughout your journey. Sending love...

Bubba said...

Thank u Dayle ❤️✌️‼️